b o d e w e l l h o m e
is all about loving the things you live with and living with the things you love.
we know what we like. we also know that what we like isn’t always good for us. like french fries dipped in mayonnaise, living beyond our means, and spending countless hours on instagram fantasizing about other people’s lives.
so, if you care, read on:
- are your products all natural? impossible. our wax is, in fact, 100% all natural proprietary coconut wax blend. without spilling any trade secrets, we will tell you that we throw some beeswax, apricot wax and just a hint of soy in there to stabilize the coconut. our oils, however, are a mix of natural and artificial ingredients. to do otherwise would be price prohibitive as well as ecologically unsound.
- why’s everyone so crazy about coconuts? the coconut wax blend allows for a clean burn. the coconut wax blend also allows for a lovely scent throw. have you ever looked at a candle label and then smelled the candle and then burned the candle and wondered, WTF? yep. that’s why we use coconut. you don’t even have to burn our candles. they just exude fragrance.
- what’s your fragrance load and why should I care? 12.5% baby. that’s the max scent load. we want to give you every penny’s worth.
- trimming, tunneling, and burning- OH MY! keep our lead free cotton wicks trimmed and you will be one happy customer. forget the soot, the mushroom tips and the smoking. cut that wick to ¼ of an inch and it’s all good. wax has a memory. It is recommended during the initial and subsequent burns of your candle to burn long enough to liquefy the entire top layer of wax. Allowing the candle to liquefy from edge-to-edge will keep the opening wide and prevent tunneling.
- pesticide and paraben free. any questions?
- cruelty free. no animal testing. see #5
- ugh. so much waste in vessels and boxes. why??? we specifically use glass produced in the US to reduce our carbon footprint. we also use organic paint on our vessels. once you have burned the candle down to nothing, we recommend throwing in some pebbles, a dash of dirt and your favorite succulent. REUSE!! our boxes are a beautiful and creative way to keep your candles safe in transit. RECYCLE them if you must, or REUSE them for gifting or storage.
- there are so many candles in the world, why should I take a chance on you? our thoughts exactly. why us? we care. about the planet, about our children, about our customers. we also care a lot about design. we know you will love our products. we are not gambling women, but we are willing to bet that if given the chance, we will become your new favorite product.
safety before beauty.
- Do not drop matches or other flammable items into the candle.
- Keep candles away from curtains or anything around the candle that could ignite. Keep in mind that curtains and other objects can move and come into contact with a burning flame. Do not burn candles in a draft.
- Always keep candles in sight when in use and keep away from children and pets.
- Never move a burning candle.
- Allow the candle to cool and wax to solidify before moving.
- The candle, container and/or wax can become extremely hot when in use.
- Use a candle plate to protect surfaces. Never put a candle directly on a surface that is flammable or could be damaged by heat or oil.
- If candle wick develops a mushroom carbon tip, extinguish the candle, allow to completely cool and remove the tip by pinching between fingers using a tissue. This will ensure your candle burns evenly and prevent excess wick debris from falling into the candle.
For more Candle Safety Rules please visit the NCA's Candle Safety Page www.candles.org/fire-safety-candles